e+ started offering overseas streaming for Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 2nd Live!, and with this introduction (as well as some technical "upgrades") have come a bunch of technical problems.
I'll outline some of these problems, their potential causes, and things you can do to try to fix them.
My card is getting rejected when I try to pay for a ticket on the overseas site
This may be because: your card issuer flagged the transaction(s) as suspicious. (For each ticket, e+ makes a small transaction to test your card, and then they make the main transaction.)
What to try: Contact your card company and confirm that it was a legitimate purchase.
Watching the Stream
The stream page shows an error about the browser/OS
This may be because: You're not using one of the browser+OS pairs that e+ wants
- Windows + Edge
- macOS + Safari
- iOS + Safari
- Android + Chrome
What to try:
- Use the expected browser, or
- Change your user agent to one of the accepted browser+OS pairs. You can do this in the browser or with an extension; search "change user agent [your browser]".
The stream page shows no video/audio after I click the play button
This may be because:
- Extensions are messing with the app, or
- The DRM doesn't work with your display and/or browser, or
- The app doesn't work with your browser language/locale
What to try:
- Turn off extensions
- Use a different display or browser if possible
- Switch your browser language to English or Japanese
I can't select higher video quality
(As far as we know, the quality can go up to 1080p.)
This may be because: Your connection quality/speed is judged to be insufficient for higher video quality.
What to try: Get a better connection or try a different device. (I realize this may not be practical for your situation... not sure what else can be done.)